3 Reasons Why You Should Never Use Bleach To Clean Mold
It is important to know how to remove mold and what kills mold if you are faced with mold growth in your home. Knowing how to remove mold is necessary as exposure to damp and moldy environments may cause a variety of health effects. For people who are sensitive to molds, they can cause nasal stuffiness, coughing, throat irritation, or wheezing. Some people may experience eye irritation, or, in some cases, skin irritation. When it comes how to remove old, there are a variety of cleaning solutions available. The most important step is to determine the cause of the moisture in your home and make any necessary changes to assure that the mold will not return and that the area with mold is properly ventilated. Some of the issues that you will need to resolve include cutting out the moldy material and then completely replacing it. This will make certain that the mold roots are properly removed and will not return. When trying to determine what kills mold, you will find some people using cleaning solutions such as white vinegar, borax, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree essential oil or ammonia to kill mold. These cleaning solutions work well on small areas and nonporous surfaces, along with sanitizing mold and mildew on clothing.
When trying to best determine what kills mold and how to remove mold given different surfaces, liquid chlorine bleach is not the answer for many mold issues. Liquid chlorine bleach is often regarded as the best answer on how to remove mold growth. It is usually the first thing people reach for when cleaning a mold contaminated area or trying to determine what kills mold. While liquid chlorine bleach may be effective in certain applications, it will not kill mold on porous surfaces. Liquid chlorine bleach can contribute negatively to certain mold problems.
When using liquid chlorine bleach, it's important to know that it loses its effectiveness over time. Liquid chlorine bleach rapidly looses its effectiveness. If you leave a glass of chlorinated water out on the counter for a few days, the chlorine in the water will evaporate. This happens in the container with the bleach as well. This evaporation process shows that it is hard to know the true potency of your liquid chlorine bleach solution, as the chlorine can escape through plastic. It may have been sitting at the store, or in your home for a certain amount of time, which diminishes its ability to perform.
Learn MORE at Mold Blogger
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.